The Compass Center volunteer teams are made up of over 35 volunteers from our community who want to help those affected by sexual and domestic abuse.
Rape Crisis Team
Serves survivors of sexual assault who are in crisis
The Rape Crisis Team trains volunteers to respond to survivors of sexual assault at the emergency room and also on the crisis hotline. Volunteers receive over 10 hours of training and shadow actual calls before going alone on calls. Shifts run on Mondays – Fridays 5 pm to 8 am; on Saturday and Sunday they are 8 am – 8am. Volunteers are expected to pick up three days per month.
- Immediate crisis response, 24 hours a day.
- Emotional support, advocacy, information and referrals for survivors of violence and their friends or family.
Contact Kelsey (email@example.com) for more information.
Court Watchers Program
Serves survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence
The Court Watchers Program supports victims of rape, sexual assault or domestic violence who are in protection order court. Volunteers record judge rulings and help the Victim Advocate assist survivors as needed. Volunteers may:
- Observe protection order court and keep a record of rulings in cases
- Provide outreach to victims of violence before or after a protection orderhearing
- Give survivors information about services available at The Compass Center and in the community
Contact Sara (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.