The Compass Center is committed to assisting survivors of violence throughout the healing process. Advocacy, offered through The Compass Center’s Survivor Empowerment Program, supports survivors in their journey to healing.
What can you expect from Advocacy?
Each person’s situation is different, and we work with each survivor to address their individual needs. Through Advocacy, survivors have access to someone who can help them with:
- Emotional support
- Support through the legal system
- Writing protection orders
- Accompany survivors to interviews with law enforcement
- Court accompaniment
- Safety assessments and planning
- Assistance with Victims’ Compensation applications
- Provide community connections to information, support, or assistance finding necessary resources